One of the most essential features in any home throughout Bedford is its HVAC system. Your home’s HVAC system is responsible for not only keeping you and your loved ones toasty throughout the winter but also cool and comfortable during those hot summer months. That is why it is critical that you keep your heating and cooling appliances in good working order at all times throughout the years. Luckily, homeowners in Bedford, Nova Scotia, can rely on the team at Shines Energy for all HVAC repairs, maintenance, and installation services they may need!
At Shines Energy, our certified and professional HVAC team has years of experience in the industry and is well-equipped with the expertise and skills required to complete the job correctly! Whatever the task, you can be confident that we will go out of our way to ensure you are completely satisfied with the outcome of your experience with us!
Shines Energy’s team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra charge! Furthermore, if you’re in the market for a new HVAC system, don’t forget to ask about our fantastic discounts and financing options that can help you save big on your new equipment!
Are you ready to improve the comfort of your home? Make an appointment with the Shines Energy team today! All consultations include a free quote for the purchase of a new system! Don’t wait any longer! Book your appointment with us directly, or use our secure online scheduling system today!
What do HVAC services include?
HVAC, which stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning services, is critical to ensuring your indoor comfort, regardless of what the weather outside is like. These services cover a wide variety of tasks and maintenance to keep your home comfortable and healthy for you and your loved ones. From repairs and maintenance to the installation of an entirely new HVAC system, let’s get into the specifics of each type of service you can book with the professional and experienced team at Shines Energy in Bedford, Nova Scotia:
1. Heating services:
Heating systems keep you warm and cozy during the colder months of the year. We all know how cold those Nova Scotian winters can be. As such, an HVAC technician from our team will do the following:
· Examine and clean the furnace or boiler parts.
· To ensure your safety, they’ll check for any potential gas leaks and carbon monoxide levels.
· A technician may repair or replace worn-out heating elements or ignition systems to ensure your unit is functioning correctly.
· They will also examine the accuracy of your home’s thermostat and, if necessary, calibrate it to ensure the temperature readings are correct and that you can change your settings according to your needs.
2. Cooling services:
In contrast to your home’s heating system, your cooling system provides a refreshing relief from the heat and humidity during the hot weather the province receives throughout the summertime. Therefore, to ensure your cooling system—whether a heat pump or air conditioner—is working correctly, an HVAC system from our team will:
· Maintain air quality and system efficiency by cleaning or replacing your system’s air filters for proper airflow and distribution.
· They will inspect and clean the condenser and evaporator coils within your unit to ensure the air is effectively chilled.
· Check the refrigerant levels and make sure the refrigerant is circulated correctly.
· For precise temperature control, a technician will test and adjust your home’s thermostat.
· A technician will also inspect for any possible leaks or drainage problems that may be affecting cooling performance.
· Your system’s mechanical parts will also be lubricated to ensure no deterioration occurs while it is functioning.
3. Ventilation services:
Proper ventilation is also essential for maintaining your home’s indoor air quality and avoiding mould and moisture problems that can be harmful to your health.
As such, an HVAC technician will:
· Inspect and clean the air duct system throughout your home to remove dust, allergens, and debris that could be circulating throughout your air.
· Make sure that kitchens, bathrooms, and other high-moisture areas have adequate ventilation to prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
· Correct any airflow issues that may be causing hot or cold spots in your home.
4. Energy efficiency services:
Energy-efficient HVAC systems, without a doubt, save you money while also lowering your environmental impact. Therefore, if the overall energy efficiency of your home is something you are concerned about, an HVAC technician may do the following:
· Conduct energy audits to identify sources of energy waste throughout your home before providing you with a list of suggestions on how you can improve your energy usage.
· Replace inefficient HVAC systems with more energy-efficient models that will help you save money long-term and enhance the overall comfort of your home’s interior.
· Give customized recommendations on programmable thermostats and smart HVAC controls for optimal usage of your home’s HVAC systems throughout the year.
· A technician may also improve the heating performance of your home’s heating system by recommending energy-efficient upgrades and maintenance tasks for later on.
5. Repairs and maintenance:
Maintenance and repairs are intended to ensure that your HVAC system runs efficiently and without any problems throughout its service life. HVAC professionals may perform the following tasks:
· Lubricate components that move to minimize friction and extend the life of the system.
· Tighten the electrical wiring and perform a safety check on system controls.
· Examine for and correct any unusual noises, vibrations, or performance problems.
· In the event of a system breakdown, provide emergency repairs to restore comfort in your home.
As you can see, repairs, maintenance, and installation services are vital to ensuring you and your family remain comfortable in your home throughout the year. As such, if you’re in need of any of the services mentioned for your home in Bedford, Nova Scotia, the professional team at Shines Energy is here to help!
Shines Energy is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! That includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost to you! Furthermore, if you’re interested in saving money on the installation of your new HVAC system, make sure to ask our team about our incredible discounts and financing options! You’ll also receive a complimentary new system purchase quote when purchasing a new unit for your home. Contact us today!
Call and speak to a team member directly or use our online booking system to reserve your time slot with our professional crew today!
How often should HVAC be serviced?
On average, homeowners should aim to have their home’s HVAC systems professionally serviced at least once a year to ensure that it remains in tip-top shape for as long as possible during their lifespan. Generally, you’ll want to have your heating systems serviced in the early fall before temperatures in the area begin to decrease. By doing so, you’ll have enough time to have your equipment serviced by a professional without sacrificing your interior comfort levels. This is also going to provide you enough time to have any potential problems fixed before they become more severe and costly for peace of mind throughout the winter.
On the other hand, your home’s cooling system should be serviced in the early spring. Again, before temperatures in the area increase, have your unit checked out and repaired accordingly so you do not have to ensure the warmer temperatures without a functioning cooling system.
So, when was the last time you had your home’s HVAC system professionally maintained by an HVAC technician? If you can’t remember or it’s been well over a year since your last appointment, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Shines Energy in Bedford, Nova Scotia, for assistance! We are available 24/7/365 days of the year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost to you!
Reach out to the team over the phone or use our simple online booking system to schedule your maintenance appointment today! We look forward to partnering with you!
How do I know if my HVAC needs replacing?
When it comes to replacing your home’s HVAC system, most of the time, homeowners will be able to know when the time has come to do so. That said, not all of the signs are as evident as others. And, if you haven’t replaced your home’s HVAC system before, you may have some difficulty recognizing when to part ways. Therefore, the team has put together a list of warning signs you can look out for below:
1. Age and increased energy bills: If you notice a consistent increase in your monthly energy bills, it could be a sign that your system isn’t as efficient as it once was. At the same time, if the HVAC unit you have is more than 15 to 20 years old, it may be time to replace it.
2. Frequent repairs: If you find yourself calling a repair technician on a regular basis, it could be an indication that your system has become obsolete. At some point, the repair costs may exceed the cost of a new system.
3. Uneven temperatures: If you notice uneven heating or cooling, it could be a sign that your old system is struggling to keep up with your home’s current temperature demands.
4. Strange noises and smells: If you hear clanks, rattles, or smell strange odours, it could be a sign that there’s something wrong within your unit that can’t be repaired.
5. Comfort issues: If you’re constantly too hot or cold, even after adjusting your thermostat, your HVAC system may be having difficulty keeping up with your needs.
When these signs are noticeable in your home, quite often, the best course of action is to install a new HVAC system in your home. As such, if this is something you are currently dealing with, we suggest reaching out to the team at Shines Energy for assistance!
Shines Energy is available around the clock, 365 days a year! That includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra charge! In addition, if you want to save money on the installation of your new HVAC system, ask our team about our incredible discounts and financing options! When you buy a new unit for your home, you’ll also get a free quote!
To reserve your time slot with the experienced crew, call and speak with a team member directly or use our online booking system today!
Why are new HVAC systems so expensive?
Because of several factors, modern HVAC systems usually come with higher price tags which can be attributed to the following:
· Advanced technological features that cost more to manufacture and, in turn, will cost you more money to install in your home.
· Government energy standards and regulations have an effect on what brands can manufacture. As such, higher efficiency units often cost more to install than those that are less environmentally friendly.
· The company you choose to partner with will also determine the cost of your new HVAC system, given the quality of the craftsmanship.
Remember, while the initial cost of installing a new HVAC system in your home may appear expensive, the long-term savings on energy bills can most certainly offset what you pay in the beginning. As such, if you’re interested in installing a new HVAC system in your home, make sure to reach out to the team at Shines Energy for assistance!
Shines Energy is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! This includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost! Furthermore, if you want to save money on the installation of your new HVAC system, inquire with our team about our fantastic offers and financing options! When you purchase a new unit for your home, you will also receive a free new system purchase quote!
Call and speak with a team member directly to reserve your time slot with the experienced crew, or use our online booking system today! We look forward to partnering with you in beautiful Bedford, Nova Scotia!