As the summer heat rises in Halifax, residents can turn to Shines Energy for all of their air conditioning installation needs. With years of experience and a large selection of cooling systems installed, homeowners can rely on the HVAC professionals at Shines Energy to personalize their installation service to their specific needs.
Shines Energy offers 24-hour quality service, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra charge. If you ever find yourself without a functioning AC throughout a heat wave, our technicians can provide same-day and next-day installation services without appointments, ensuring you stay cool when you need it the most. In addition, ask about our fantastic discounts and financing options to save money on your new appliance.
Are you ready to beat the summer heat? Contact Shines Energy today to schedule a consultation with a home comfort advisor and get started on your Halifax AC installation. All consultation appointments include a free, no-obligation estimate for the purchase of a new system. We are excited to work with you on your home comfort project!
What is better, a heat pump or air conditioner?
The decision between heat pump and an air conditioner is influenced by your specific requirements, climate, and preferences. Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of both units so you can decide which one is best for you before scheduling a consultation with one of our home comfort advisors:
· Year-round solution: A heat pump’s capability to supply heating in addition to cooling is a significant benefit. This dual capability makes it an appealing option for areas with average temperatures that have hot summers and winters that are mild. It eliminates the need for distinct ventilation systems, saving you space and money on the installation.
· Energy efficiency: Heat pumps are well-known for their energy efficiency, particularly when cooling. Rather than producing heat, they transfer heat from one location to another, using less energy and lowering electricity bills.
· Environmental friendliness: Because central heat pumps do not use fossil fuels to generate heat, they’re beneficial to the environment. They help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, making them an environmentally friendly choice.
· Reduced efficiency ratings in cold weather: The main disadvantage of heat pumps is their low efficiency in cold weather. Heat pumps can have difficulty extracting sufficient warmth from the outside air to maintain comfortable interior temperatures as the outside temperature drops well below freezing. In such cases, supplemental heating may be required.
· Higher initial cost: Heat pumps typically have a higher initial cost than air conditioning systems. For some homeowners, the initial cost can be significant. However, there are rebates available through the provincial and federal governments that you may be eligible for.
· Efficient cooling: AC units are just as efficient at cooling your home during the summer as heat pumps.
· Lower upfront cost: When compared to heat pumps, air conditioners typically have a lower initial price. This cost advantage may make them more affordable to homeowners who have a smaller budget or those who value cooling performance over heating capabilities.
· Maintenance: Air conditioners are easy to maintain and only need one maintenance appointment a year compared to heat pumps, which require multiple appointments.
· Limited functionality: Air conditioners, as opposed to heat pumps, only provide cooling. If you live in an area where there is a high demand for heating during the winter, you will need to invest in a separate heating system, which will increase overall costs and require additional space.
Ultimately, if you need help determining whether a heat pump or AC system would be suitable for your home, we suggest reaching out to the team at Shines Energy for assistance! Shines Energy provides 24-hour service, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost. If you find yourself without a working AC during a heat wave, our professionals can provide same-day and next-day installation appointments to guarantee you stay cool. In addition, to save money on your new appliance, inquire about our fantastic discounts and payment alternatives.
Contact Shines Energy today to schedule a home comfort consultation and get started on your Halifax air conditioning installation. All consultation appointments include an obligation-free quote for a new system purchase.
What SEER rating do I need?
The SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating of an AC unit you require is determined by a number of variables, such as where you live, climate, budget, and energy efficiency preferences. The higher the SEER rating, in general, the more cost-effective the system will be. Here are some general things to keep in mind:
· Climate: If you live in an area with hot summers and mild winters, a higher SEER rating may be advantageous because you will use your air conditioner more frequently. If you live in a more temperate climate and don’t use your air conditioner frequently, a lower SEER rating may be sufficient.
· Energy efficiency: Consider a higher SEER-rated system if energy savings are your top concern and you’re willing to invest more upfront. Higher SEER-rated units can save money on utility costs in the long run, more than making up for the initial equipment cost.
· Budget: Higher efficiency SEER-rated air conditioners are typically more costly. Take into account your budget and the initial expenditure in relation to the potential long-term energy savings.
· Home size: The size of your home is essential when calculating the cooling load required by the air conditioner. Bigger houses may necessitate higher SEER-rated air conditioners in order to effectively cool the whole space compared to smaller homes and apartments.
· Quality of insulation: The quality of the insulation in your home has an essential effect on its energy efficiency. Homes that are well-insulated are able to preserve cool air, reducing the demand for air conditioners. If your home is well-insulated, you may not require the highest SEER-rated unit.
Ultimately, when it comes to choosing the SEER rating for your new system, there are numerous factors to consider. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Therefore, if you’re thinking of installing a new system in your Halifax home, we suggest reaching out to a professional HVAC company in your area for assistance, like the team at Shines Energy!
The professional and certified HVAC team at Shines Energy is open for 24-hour service, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays. If you are without an air conditioning unit during a heat wave, our experts can provide same-day and next-day installation appointments to ensure you stay cool. In addition, if you want to save money on your new unit, ask about our incredible savings and payment alternatives.
Schedule a home comfort consultation with Shines Energy today to get started on your Halifax air conditioning installation. All consultation appointments include a no-obligation quote for the purchase of a new system.
What size central air unit do I need for 2000 sq ft?
Figuring out the appropriate size central air unit for a 2000 sq ft home necessitates a thorough calculation based on several factors. HVAC system professionals use a load calculation technique to ensure that the system precisely corresponds to the cooling requirements of the home and, of course, your needs as a homeowner. Therefore, while we are unable to provide you with a specific answer to this question, we can provide you with a detailed look at some of the factors a certified home comfort advisor and technician will look at before providing you with a selection of systems that would work in your home. Here is a closer look:
· Calculate the total cooling load: The cooling load is calculated by taking into account factors such as the dimensions of your home, insulation, the number and effectiveness of windows, the type of roof you have, the local climate, your personal preferences, and more.
· Home size: A 2000-square-foot home qualifies as medium-sized, but the number of stories, ceiling height, and floor plan layout all have an impact on how much cooling is required.
· Insulation and windows: Well-insulated homes with windows that are energy-saving might need a smaller unit, whereas poorly insulated homes with inefficient windows may need a unit that is bigger.
· The local climate: The cooling load is influenced by the local climate. Hotter climates with longer summers will necessitate a more powerful unit to meet increased cooling needs.
· Orientation and shading: The position of your home, as well as the amount of shade from trees or neighbouring buildings, can have an impact on the cooling load.
· Air Ducts: Make sure your home’s air ducts are correctly sized and in optimal working order to support the central air unit’s air flow specifications.
While a 2000-square-foot home is an excellent starting point for estimating the cooling load, it is critical to avoid assuming the unit size solely based on the square footage. A properly sized central air unit will provide the best cooling performance, energy efficiency, and indoor comfort for your particular home. The load calculation is going to offer the most precise size suggestion for your central air unit, taking into account the factors listed above and needs to be done by a professional.
As such, if you’re in the market for a new AC system for your home in Halifax, Nova Scotia, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Shines Energy for assistance! Our team of home comfort advisors and HVAC technicians have years of experience partnering with homeowners throughout the city who are in search of customized cooling solutions. Therefore, you can always rest assured knowing your home is in good hands with us! We’ll go above and beyond to ensure you’re more than satisfied with the results!
Shines Energy’s professional and certified HVAC team is available 24 hours a day, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays. If you are without an air conditioner during a heat wave, our professionals can provide same-day and next-day installation appointments to keep you cool. Furthermore, if you want to save money on your new unit, inquire about our customers’ incredible savings and financing options.
Say goodbye to sleepless nights and hello to a cool home interior with the help of the team at Shines Energy in Halifax, Nova Scotia, today! You can get in touch with our team of friendly professionals over the phone or use our online booking system to reserve your consultation appointment! All consultations with a home comfort advisor, including a complimentary new system purchase quote!
We look forward to partnering with you!
We have the utmost confidence in our work and our people and want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer a 2-year guarantee to repair, replace, or refund. Whatever you need until you’re 100% satisfied.