During those hot Halifax summers, the last thing any homeowner wants to deal with is an air conditioning system that doesn’t work. Luckily, Shines Energy is a leading air conditioning repair company in Halifax that can diagnose and repair your cooling system in no time, so you can get back to enjoying your summer oasis at home.
Shines Energy is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! That’s right! We’re even open after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost to you! Furthermore, if your current air conditioner is beyond repair, make sure to ask us about our incredible discounts and financing options for a new, energy-efficient cooling system!
Call and speak to one of us directly or book your air conditioning repair in Halifax using our secure online booking system! Say goodbye to warm interiors and hello to a refreshing summer escape with the expert help of the professional and accredited HVAC team at Shines Energy today!
Shines Energy provides homeowners with reliable, round-the-clock residential air conditioning repair services across Halifax Regional Municipality & surrounding area:
What are the most common air conditioning repairs?
The most common air conditioner repairs we’ve seen over the years include:
· Refrigerant Leaks: Result in insufficient cooling or no cool air.
· Compressor Issues: Can cause failure or reduced cooling.
· Fan Problems: Lead to poor airflow and inefficiency.
· Electrical Failures: Result in malfunctions or the failure to turn on at all.
· Frozen Coils: Caused by airflow restrictions or low refrigerant.
· Drainage Problems: Cause water leaks or entire system shutdown.
· Thermostat Malfunctions: Lead to temperature inconsistencies or no operation to begin with.
· Capacitor Failures: Prevent compressor and fan motor start-up.
· Dirty Air Filters: Restrict airflow and reduce cooling efficiency.
· Sensor Issues: Cause improper air conditioner cycling.
Is it worth fixing my AC?
Deciding whether it’s worth fixing your AC depends on several factors. Here are some things to consider before making a decision:
· Air conditioner age: Take into account the unit’s age and warranty status. If it is less than 10 years old, it may be worth fixing rather than repairing, given that the average lifespan of an air conditioning system is 15 years or more.
· The extent of the problem: Determine whether the problem is a major or minor one.
· Repair costs: Compare the repair expenses to the cost of a new unit.
· Energy efficiency: Newer units use less energy. Think about what you’re paying monthly on your utility costs and whether a new unit may lower them.
· Comfort and convenience: A functional air conditioner provides greater comfort. So, it may be worth purchasing a new one if your current cooling system barely works in the first place.
The best way to determine whether to keep your current air conditioning unit or replace it with a new one is to meet with a reliable HVAC professional who can assess the condition of your AC and advise you on which is the better option. They can help you make an informed decision based on the specifics of the air conditioning unit and your requirements.
Are you unsure whether to upgrade to a new air conditioning system? If so, book a consultation appointment with Shines Energy in Halifax today!
What can I do if my AC is broken?
If your air conditioner is broken or malfunctioning, turn it off immediately and avoid using it until a professional repair technician can assess and repair the problem. Operating a faulty air conditioner can exacerbate the issue and cause further damage or safety risks. Contact a qualified HVAC technician, like the ones at Shines Energy, as soon as possible for an extensive evaluation and required repairs to ensure the AC is fixed correctly and effectively. Delaying repairs may cause discomfort, higher utility bills, and potentially more expensive repairs in the future.
Should I turn off my AC if it’s broken?
Yes, if your air conditioner is broken, you should turn it off until it can be correctly inspected and fixed by an authorized HVAC technician. Running a faulty air conditioner could worsen the problem, cause additional damage, or present a safety risk. Furthermore, continuing to use an unreliable air conditioner can result in increased energy consumption without supplying the desired cooling impact. To prevent possible problems and guarantee safety, turn off the air conditioner and seek qualified help to identify and fix the problem.
Is your air conditioner not working? If so, book an AC repair appointment in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with the team at Shines Energy to have your cooling system back up and running as soon as possible. Contact us today!
We have the utmost confidence in our work and our people and want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer a 2-year guarantee to repair, replace, or refund. Whatever you need until you’re 100% satisfied.