Your heating system becomes the heart of your home during the winter. Whether you’re in need of repairs, maintenance or the installation of a new heating system, Shines Energy is your go-to HVAC company for all things heating in Dartmouth.
Shines Energy is available for emergency repairs and maintenance services 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra cost to you! Furthermore, if you’re in the market for a new heating system, know that we offer an extensive selection of high-quality, energy-efficient appliances that we can tailor to your needs!
Better yet, if you want to save money on your new equipment, make sure to ask us about our fantastic seasonal discounts and financing options! Homeowners will also receive a complimentary new system purchase quote from a qualified home comfort advisor during their at-home consultation appointment!
Call and speak to someone from the team over the phone, or reserve your appointment with Shines Energy using our secure online booking tool! We look forward to partnering with you!
Are heat pumps worth it?
Whether or not a heat pump is worth it depends on a variety of factors, including your heating needs, budget, local climate, and more. That said, there are several benefits heat pumps offer that homeowners may not be aware of. Let’s take a closer look at some of these advantages in more detail below:
· Heat pumps are incredibly energy efficient as they transfer heat rather than generate it.
· Heat pumps are also known as dual systems, meaning that not only can they heat your home during the winter, but they can also cool your interior during the summer months.
· Heat pumps are beneficial for their environment as they produce lower greenhouse gas emissions, which in turn will lower your carbon footprint.
· Given their energy efficiency ratings, there are numerous government incentives available that can help homeowners alleviate some of the upfront costs of this type of equipment.
· Heat pumps, when taken care of correctly, can last anywhere between 15 to 20 years before needing to be replaced.
· Because there is no combustion process involved in heating, heat pumps are safer to operate as they do not pose gas leak or carbon monoxide risks.
What are the different ways to heat your home?
There are several methods for heating your home, each with benefits as well as drawbacks. Here are some common approaches:
· Furnace: To generate heat, furnaces use natural gas, propane, or electricity. They heat the entire house by distributing warm air through ductwork.
· Heat pump: For heating, heat pumps use electricity to transfer heat from the outside air and into your home. In the summer, they can also provide cooling by reversing this innovative process.
· Boiler: A boiler is an appliance that heats water and circulates it through radiators or underfloor heating systems. They can run on a variety of fuels, such as natural gas, oil, and electricity.
· Electric baseboard heaters: These are small heating units that are installed along the baseboards of rooms. They produce heat using electricity.
· Radiant floor heating: This system provides even, radiant heat by heating water or electrical cables installed beneath the floor. It’s commonly found in bathroom facilities and kitchens.
Do you have more questions about heating in Dartmouth? Reach out to us at any time, and a member of our team would be more than happy to help you out!
How are most homes heated in Dartmouth?
Nova Scotia is home to several types of heating systems that are mainly powered by oil, gas, or electricity. Generally speaking, you’re either going to have a furnace, heat pump, or boiler in your home. However, some homes may be equipped with radiant heaters or baseboard heaters as well.
What is the most efficient way to heat a house?
The most efficient way to heat a house is determined by a number of factors, including the local climate, the resources that are available, and your home’s specific requirements. Here are some of the most energy-efficient heating options for Dartmouth residents:
· Heat pumps: Air-source heat pumps are among the most efficient heating methods. They heat your home by transferring heat from the outside air or the ground. Heat pumps are incredibly highly efficient, especially in temperate climates.
· High-efficiency gas furnaces: A high-efficiency furnace with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of at least 90% is an efficient choice. A large amount of the fuel is converted into heat by this kind of equipment with only 10% energy waste.
· High-efficiency boilers: When using natural gas, a high-efficiency boiler for radiant floor heating or baseboard heating can be a cost-effective choice.
Ultimately, to ensure that your home remains as energy efficient as possible, it is essential that you install a high-quality unit to begin with but also maintain it properly throughout its service life. This will lower the possibility of repairs and high utility costs throughout the years.
Shines Energy is available 24/7/365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no extra cost for repairs and maintenance services! Further, if you want to save money on your new equipment, ask about our discounts and flexible financing! During their at-home consultation appointment, homeowners are also provided with a no-obligation new system purchase quote from a qualified home comfort advisor!
Call and speak with a member of the team, or use our secure online booking tool to make an appointment with Shines Energy!
We have the utmost confidence in our work and our people and want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer a 2-year guarantee to repair, replace, or refund. Whatever you need until you’re 100% satisfied with our heating services in Halifax.