Homeowners can rely on Shines Energy for all of their heating needs as winter settles throughout Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. With years of expertise and a large selection of furnaces, homeowners can count on the HVAC professionals at Shines Energy to tailor their installation service to their specific requirements.
Shines Energy is available around the clock, 365 days a year! That includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra charge! In addition, if you ever find yourself without an operational furnace during a cold spell, know that our technicians can arrange same-day and next-day installation appointments, ensuring that you never go without a working heating system when you need it the most! Even better, if you’re looking to save money on your new furnace appliances, inquire about our incredible savings and financing options!
Are you fed up with your home’s insufficient heating system? If so, contact the team at Shines Energy to set up a consultation with a home comfort advisor and get started on your Dartmouth furnace installation today! All consultation appointments include a free, non-binding new system purchase estimate!
In need of furnace installation?
Shines Energy has been maximizing home comfort for Dartmouth and the surrounding area for over 10 years.
Save on furnace installation in Dartmouth with Shines Energy.
Concerns about how high an upfront furnace replacement cost might get?
Then let’s take some off.
Right now, you can save up to $1,000 on the cost of your system.
Plus, don’t pay anything – even interest – on a new system.
“I called and received a response within 12 hours along with an appointment that very day. The technician arrived on time, neat, clean and very polite. As work was performed he explained what he was doing and why. Provided some future information and maintenance steps. Best service I have received in a long time from a service provider. I recommend Shines Energy to everyone for their professionalism, no nonsense and pleasant service.”
“Great experience from start to finish. We dealt with Scott in the early stages and he was great at answering all our questions. The installers were top notch and showed up when they were scheduled to and were so pleasant and friendly. After the installation was complete the team did a great job of cleaning up and left our property exactly as it was before they arrived. What really impressed us was 2 of the young men stayed behind afterwards and went through the operation of the units and how the remote works and were so patient in answering any questions we had. It was a Friday afternoon (St. Paddy’s Day too!) so we thought they would much rather get off work early but instead they were professional and showed respect for their job. Great work!”
What is the average life of a home furnace?
The average service life of a furnace is 15 to 20 years before it will need to be replaced. That being said, furnace equipment that receives annual maintenance by a certified professional technician from the time that it is installed tends to last longer than units that have not been maintained well over the years. As such, if you want to extend the service life of your heating equipment, it’s essential that you book a yearly maintenance appointment and have any problems addressed as soon as possible.
At the same time, there are other factors that can influence the average lifespan of a furnace. For example, the more often a furnace is used, the more deterioration it will experience. Colder climate residences that rely extensively on heating throughout the winter may put a greater strain on the furnace than those in more temperate regions.
Furthermore, longer lifespans are common with higher-quality furnaces from reputable manufacturers. In terms of toughness and performance, investing in a well-constructed, energy-efficient furnace can pay off in the long run as well.
Ultimately, when a furnace approaches or exceeds its anticipated lifespan, it’s critical to keep track of its operation and begin thinking about furnace replacement options. Old furnaces can lose efficiency and necessitate costly repairs that inevitably happen more frequently. Therefore, upgrading to a new, energy-efficient furnace can reduce your energy bills while also providing more dependable heating for your home.
If you have any questions about the state of your furnace or if it’s approaching the end of its expected life, have a professional HVAC technician inspect it and advise you whether or not a replacement is necessary.
Unsure about how to proceed? No need to worry; the team at Shines Energy has got you covered! Our service technicians are available 24/7/365, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra costs! Furthermore, if you’re interested in saving on your new furnace equipment, make sure to ask us about our current discounts and financing options!
Contact Shines Energy in Halifax, Nova Scotia to discuss your new furnace installation! All consultations come with a free new system purchase estimate!
How do I know if I have an HVAC system?
Figuring out whether your home has an HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) system entails examining the parts that are in charge of heating, cooling, ventilation, and air quality control. Here’s how to tell if you have an HVAC system in your home:
1. Search for Heating and Cooling Equipment: Examine your home for cooling and heating appliances. You most likely have some HVAC system parts if you have a furnace, heat pump, boiler, or air conditioner unit. Heating is provided by furnaces and boilers, while cooling is provided by air conditioning systems.
2. Examine Ductwork and Vents: Examine your home for air ducts and vents. These are the channels that disperse heated or cooled air through your home. Ducts and vents are signs of a ventilation system, which is a vital part of HVAC.
3. Examine Your Thermostat: Check your thermostat. It indicates that you have an HVAC system if it controls both heating and cooling functions. Many thermostats are built to control cooling as well as heating.
4. Ventilation Parts: HVAC systems include ventilation systems that are intended to maintain the purity of your indoor air. Look for ventilation parts such as bathroom fans and kitchen hoods. These assist in the transfer of indoor and outdoor air, lowering humidity and enhancing air quality.
Remember, an HVAC system performs more than just heating and cooling. It encompasses ventilation, air quality control, and, in some cases, humidity control. You most likely have an HVAC system in your house if you have one or more of these parts.
That said if you are unsure whether you have an HVAC system, an assessment with an HVAC technician can be scheduled. They can evaluate your home’s heating, cooling, ventilation, and air quality elements to see if you have a complete HVAC system and whether any upgrades or modifications need to be performed.
Unsure whether your home’s HVAC system is operating correctly or if you have one installed in the first place? No need to worry; the team at Shines Energy is here to help! With years of experience partnering with homeowners throughout the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia community and surrounding neighbourhoods, our team is well-prepared with the knowledge, skills, and equipment needed to provide homeowners with customized experiences and results.
Are you ready to get started? Shines Energy is available around the clock, 365 days a year! That includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra charge to you—ever! Furthermore, if you’re ever without an operating HVAC system in your house, you can rest assured knowing that our team will offer you same-day or next-day installation appointments if your current equipment is deemed irreparable! Speaking of new equipment, if you want to save money on the purchase of a new HVAC appliance, make sure to ask us about our fantastic current discounts and financing options!
Call and schedule an appointment with Shines Energy over the phone or use our secure online scheduling system! We look forward to helping you enhance the interior comfort of your home!
How much labour is it to install a furnace?
If you’ve never had a new furnace installed in your home, there’s a chance you may have some questions about what your appointment will look like throughout the day. At Shines Energy, we’ve done our fair share of installations throughout the years and can confidently say that when you partner with our team, you can rest assured knowing your home is in good hands. While all installation appointments may look a little differently, here is a general step-by-step on how our technicians prepare and install your new heating equipment into your home:
Step 1: Evaluate your home and determine the size of your furnace
A home comfort advisor will come to your home to evaluate your heating needs and recommend the best type and size of furnace for your home. A furnace that is too small will not heat your home efficiently, while one that is too big may waste energy.
Step 2: Prepare your home for the furnace installation
Our technicians will lay down protective tarps on your floors and prepare their work area to ensure no damage is done to your home throughout the installation.
Step 3: Detach the old furnace
If a present furnace needs to be replaced, our HVAC technicians will carefully remove it from the property, separating it from the gas or electric supply and removing it for proper disposal.
Step 4: Install the new furnace
The new furnace will be installed in the proper location, which is typically in a basement, utility room, or furnace closet. The installation area should meet the local building standards and have enough room for repairs and maintenance.
Step 5: Connecting the gas, electricity, plumbing, and ventilation systems
Our HVAC team will then connect the new unit to the gas supply or other fuel supply and ensure proper ventilation.
Step 6: System testing
Following the installation of the gas furnace part, our technicians will test the system to make sure that it works correctly and safely. They will inspect the furnace for any gas leaks, check the circulation of air, and test the thermostat’s features.
Step 7: Finish the installation
The HVAC team will finish the installation by securing all connections, sealing air ducts as needed, and ensuring that everything is in good working condition.
Step 8: Final check and cleanup
Following the inspection, our HVAC team will clean up their work area, removing any debris and leaving your property in the same condition as it was when we arrived.
As you can see, installing a furnace involves multiple steps that are highly technical, which is why homeowners should never attempt to install or perform repairs for this type of equipment on their own without the proper experience and certifications.
Are you interested in upgrading the furnace in your home? If the answer is yes, Shines Energy is your go-to residential HVAC company. Our team has years of experience and is well-equipped with the tools and expertise needed to get the job done right the first time around. No matter the size or complexity of the installation at hand, you can rest assured knowing that we will work diligently to have you enjoying your newly heated home in no time!
Shines Energy is available 24/7/365, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays, at no additional cost! Furthermore, if you want to save money on your new furnace equipment, ask about our currently available price reductions and financing options! Moreover, if you ever find yourself without a working furnace during a cold snap in the area, you can count on us to accommodate same-day and next-day installation appointments!
Call or use our secure online reservation form to reach Shines Energy in Halifax, Nova Scotia! Every consultation includes a free new system purchase estimate!
What is the difference between a furnace and an HVAC system?
In the scope of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC), the terms furnace and HVAC are related, but they apply to distinct parts of those systems.
Let us examine the distinctions between furnace and HVAC in more detail below:
1. Furnace: A furnace is one particular part of an HVAC system that is in charge of heating a home. It produces heat and afterwards distributes it throughout the property via air ducts and vents. Natural gas, propane, oil, and electricity can all be used to power furnaces. The following are the primary elements of a furnace:
· Burner: The burner ignites the fuel, producing heat.
· Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger moves heat from the burner to the air around it that circulates throughout the home.
· Blower: The blower or fan forces air over the heat exchanger, warming it.
· Flue: The flue, also known as an exhaust pipe, transports the exhaust gases generated throughout the combustion process out of the home.
· Thermostat: The thermostat regulates the temperature settings of the furnace.
2. HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning): An HVAC system includes heating, cooling, ventilation, and air quality control. It is intended to offer a pleasant and safe atmosphere all year long. The HVAC system consists of the following components:
· Heating: Heating systems include furnaces, boilers, and heat pumps, which provide comfort in the winter.
· Cooling: Air conditioning systems and heat pumps that eliminate moisture and heat from indoor air are among the cooling components.
· Ventilation: HVAC systems with ventilation exchange air from inside your home to the outdoors, enhancing indoor air quality and managing humidity levels. It also aids in removing airborne particles, pollutants, and allergens.
While a furnace is an essential component of an HVAC system, HVAC covers a broader range of functions. It’s vital to note that when people say “HVAC,” they usually mean the system as a whole, which includes both heating and cooling components, as well as ventilation and air quality features.
Are you interested in installing a new furnace in your home? If so, Shines Energy in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, is your go-to HVAC company for high-quality home comfort solutions! Shines Energy is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! This includes after-hours, weekend, and holiday service at no extra charge! Furthermore, if you find yourself without a working furnace, rest assured that our professionals are able to arrange same-day and next-day installation appointments! And, if you want to save money on a new furnace, ask about our great discounts and financing options!
Call and schedule a consultation appointment with one of our home comfort advisors today! All consultations with our team come with a complimentary non-obligatory new system purchase quote!
How many hours does it take to install a furnace?
In general, homeowners can expect their installation appointment to last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours from start to finish. That being said, every home and furnace unit is unique. As a result, this will differ between homes. In addition, if a technician encounters an unforeseen obstacle, the duration may change.
When scheduling your furnace installation in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, make sure that at least one member of your family will be there to guarantee that our technicians have a point of contact in the unlikely case that something goes wrong. To avoid conflicts with other commitments, we recommend scheduling your appointment on a day when you have no other obligations to fulfill.
Do you have any other questions regarding your upcoming furnace installation appointment or have yet to book one with our team? If the answer is yes, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Shines Energy for assistance!
Shines Energy is available around the clock, 365 days a year! This includes after-hours, weekend, and holiday services at no additional cost to you! In addition, if you find yourself without a functioning furnace, be assured that our technicians can schedule same-day and next-day installation appointments, ensuring that you are never without a working heating system when you’re in need of it the most! Even more importantly, if you’re looking to save money on a new furnace, inquire about our fantastic discounts and financing options!
Call and speak to one of our team members directly or use our online scheduling system! All consultation appointments come with a complimentary new system purchase quote! We look forward to speaking with you!
Can I install a furnace myself?
At Shines Energy, we strongly advise homeowners not to install their new furnace equipment into their homes without the help of a professional and certified HVAC technician. Furnace installation projects are more challenging and potentially hazardous than what those online DIY websites portray them as. Not only does it necessitate specialized knowledge, skills, and tools, but it also needs to adhere to local building codes.
As such, here are a few reasons why you should not try to install a furnace yourself in more detail below:
· Your Safety: Furnaces are mechanical appliances, and working with this type of equipment involves interacting with gas lines, electrical parts, and other potentially flammable substances. Therefore, even the slightest mistakes can result in gas leaks, carbon monoxide leaks, risk of fire, or even explosions, which poses significant dangers to your and the safety of your loved ones.
· Local Building Codes: Complying with local building regulations and codes is required in many areas for furnace installation, including Dartmouth. These codes are familiar to licensed HVAC experts, who can guarantee that the job is carried out properly and in compliance with these complex laws.
· Proper Sizing: Choosing the correct furnace size for your home is critical for efficient and effective heating. One that is too big or too small for your space will make you uncomfortable and damage your equipment, costing you more money in repairs, more energy, and more frequent equipment replacements. A professional will calculate the heat load to determine the correct measurement, ensuring that your house is correctly heated without energy being wasted.
· Warranty: Many furnaces include warranties that require installations by a professional in order to be considered valid. If you set up the furnace yourself and anything goes wrong, the manufacturer’s warranty may be voided, leaving you liable for expensive repairs or replacements.
· Professional Expertise: HVAC professionals have the necessary qualifications, knowledge, and expertise to properly install furnaces. They understand how these systems work and are able to recognize and solve potential problems during installation that you may overlook.
· Tools and Equipment: Furnace installation necessitates the use of specialized tools and equipment, which you might not have at home. HVAC professionals have the resources needed to perform a safe and accurate installation without you having to rent or purchase your own, which is an added cost that is not necessary.
· Performance and Efficiency: Inadequate installation can result in decreased efficiency and higher consumption of energy. This could lead to more expensive energy costs and a less cozy living situation.
· Insurance Consequences: If you cause damage during the course of the installation or if a later problem develops as a result of your installation, your homeowner’s insurance may not cover the costs because the work was not performed by an authorized technician.
· Long-Term Costs: While professional installation can be seen as expensive, it is an investment in your furnace’s long-term safety and effectiveness. Yes, DIY installation may save money short term, but potential hazards and future repair expenses may far outweigh any initial savings.
As you can see, hiring a licensed HVAC professional for furnace installation is highly recommended to ensure your safety, long-term benefits from your furnace, and adherence to building standards. Therefore, if you’re considering a new furnace for your home in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, the team at Shines Energy is here to help you every step of the way!
Shines Energy is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! This includes after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no additional cost! Furthermore, if you find yourself without a working furnace during a cold spell, know that our technicians can schedule same-day and next-day installation appointments, guaranteeing that you never go without a functional heating system when you’re in need of it the most! Even better, if you want to save money on new furnace equipment, ask about our incredible savings and financing options!
Reach out to Shines Energy today to schedule a consultation with a home comfort advisor and get started on your Dartmouth furnace installation! All consultation appointments encompass a free estimate for a new system purchase!
We have the utmost confidence in our work and our people and want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer a 2-year guarantee to repair, replace, or refund. Whatever you need until you’re 100% satisfied.