When temperatures are extreme outside, you need an effective cooling or heating unit for your home or business. A ductless mini-split system has both an air conditioner and a heat pump. It will meet both your heating and cooling needs, depending on the weather. The highlight is that you don’t have to worry about uneven temperatures. The mini-split system maintains steady cooling during hot summers. Also, you will get the warmth that you deserve when it’s chilly. You can control the settings using a thermostat for greater comfort. Let’s look further into how a ductless mini-split system works.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split System?
A ductless mini-split system comes with a heat pump and an air conditioner. The unit doesn’t require any ducts to supply air to your residence or office. It contains an indoor handling unit and an outdoor compressor or condenser. The mini-split system also comes with a remote control for temperature customization. We place indoor units in several rooms inside your home or business. Our experts will connect the indoor units to one outdoor compressor.
Each indoor unit comes with an individual remote. You and your loved ones can adjust the temperatures to suit your cooling or heating preferences. Plus, the remote helps you in changing the airflow direction and fan speed. A ductless mini-split can warm or cool the entire house, including hard-to-reach zones. It comes with an aesthetically appealing, sleek, and modern look.
How Does a Ductless Mini-Split System Operate?
For starters, we will install the indoor handling unit inside your house or building. The outdoor condenser or compressor remains outside to serve its purpose. We link the indoor unit to the outdoor unit via a refrigerant line. Besides that, a condensate drain line, power cable, and suction tubing connect the two components.
The indoor unit takes in air in your home and transports it to the outdoor compressor through pipes. The humid air comes in contact with the coolant, transforming into gas. The gas goes to the condenser for recycling, where it becomes a liquid. After that, the cool air travels through the air handling unit to your indoor space.
A ductless mini-split system gathers heat from the outside and moves it to your home. Even in cold temperatures, the unit still gets the warmth to eject it inside. Electrical power is crucial in running the system efficiently.
Crucial Functions of the Ductless System
A ductless mini-split system supplies warm or cool air to your place with sheer simplicity. You need to know that the air quality that you get is crucial for your health. On that account, the mini-split unit does the following to ensure you receive the best indoor air quality.
- Air filtration: The system has air filters that clean the air by catching any pollutants or particulates. As time goes by, we will clean or replace the filters to boost air quality in your office or home. This way, you can breathe in fresh air free from contaminants such as dust, spores, and bad odors.
- Humidity removal: During the humid summers, a ductless mini-split system removes excess moisture content in the air. If your home or office is generally humid, you can count on the unit to remove the vapor in the atmosphere. The evaporator coil in the indoor unit collects the condensate in your residence.
Ductless Mini-Split System Installation
Installing a ductless heating and cooling unit is easy since it doesn’t take up much space. If you have limited room, the unit will fit perfectly fine without a hassle. Our experts will install the system in a place that guarantees you comfort. It could be in your garage, master bedroom, and attic or guest room. Slab homes and finished basements are ideal areas to position the mini-split unit. Our goal is to meet your cooling and heating expectations. The process takes a short time since the system lacks ductwork.
Here are well-known installation options that we use:
- Floor standing
- Ceiling suspension
- Mounted flush into a drop ceiling
Who Should Use a Mini-Split?
A ductless mini-split system works for both residential and commercial properties. If you’re building a new house, the ductless heating and cooling unit will benefit you. Hotels, stores, and restaurants need the equipment for comfort. Churches, schools, and colleges should consider getting a mini-split, too. Condos, apartments, houses, and multi-family housing can reap bountiful gains in using a ductless mini-split.
If your AC and heating unit don’t work effectively, we recommend a ductless mini-split system. Generally, if your current unit doesn’t meet your needs, a mini-split is the ultimate option. It will serve you during the winter and summer without straining. The unit only needs routine maintenance to operate at peak performance.
Vital Features in a Ductless Mini-Split Unit
A ductless heating and cooling system has outstanding specifications for your benefit. The features cut across several models that we work with at Shines Energy. Usually, we install ultra-durable products that last a lifespan. Our experts offer free estimates for new installations. Here are essential features that you can expect from a mini-split.
- Energy efficiency: A ductless unit conserves about 30% of the energy that is lost through ducts. You will enjoy massive energy savings and pay for low utility costs. Purchasing a ductless system is an investment worth every penny. Ductless systems have over 30 SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating, compared to traditional units with 23 SEER.
- Versatile installation: The unit is small in size; thus, you don’t need a big space for installation. Our technicians will drill a three-inch hole in your wall to place the conduit. We can install the system on the floor or ceiling.
- Separate thermostat controls: Each indoor unit has a thermostat control to change temperature settings as you please. If you’re in your bedroom, you can adjust the heat or cold without interfering with other rooms. It’s a convenient way of getting the comfort that you deserve or prefer. You will enjoy integrated zoning with your mini-split system.
- Silent running: The mini-split unit features a quiet operation in your home or business. You can use the remote control to regulate fan speed for silent running. You and your loved ones can work from home or sleep soundly free from persistent noises from the system.
- Room sensors: Ductless heating and cooling systems come with room sensors to detect hot and cold spots. The feature helps in adjusting temperatures to restore even temperatures in your residence or business. The equipment automatically eliminates the hot or cold spots in the rooms.
- Inverter compressors: Typically, inverter compressors in a ductless mini-split adjust to the unit needs accordingly. It doesn’t shut down the whole system to cool or heat your home. Doing so uses less energy, resulting in low power costs at the end of the month.
A ductless mini-split system suits all homeowners and businesses that need comfort at all times. At Shines Energy, we will help you select the right-sized unit that will bring energy savings. We offer compressive heating and cooling services in Dartmouth that range from repairs to maintenance. If you need new installation services, contact us today for more information.